Able Hearing COVID-19 Update on Current Services and Appointments
Our thoughts are with you and your families at what is proving to be a very challenging and changing time for everyone.
We are keeping up with current events and directives from local and national authorities. In every way we continue to comply with the regulations, directives, orders and policies of the governing bodies and partners we have in the healthcare field.
While hearing is certainly an essential part of healthcare, we understand that not all appointments are urgent and during this time of social isolation would like to adapt and offer to help in other ways that may be deemed appropriate.
In addition to using good hygiene and infection control practices, we understand limiting interaction with one another and protecting our at-risk citizens is a key strategy for limiting the spread and impact of the Coronavirus pandemic.
In the interest of doing our part and an abundance of concern for the health of our clients and staff, we have implemented the following changes and suggestions for keeping safe and still being able to address the needs of our many hearing-impaired clients for the time being.
- To maintain critical social distancing protocols, our Beaverton and Oregon City offices remain open only for necessary appointments–please call before coming in.
- Appointments are spaced to keep number of visitors and waiting time in the lobby to a minimum.
- Lobby is limited to one visitor or two household members at a time. If lobby is occupied on arrival, please wait for it to empty before entering.
- We are screening all visitors per CDC regulation. If you have traveled outside the US, have any flu-like symptoms, or have been in contact with anyone with COVID, please postpone your visit.
- For non-essential visits (i.e. batteries, supplies, repairs, etc.), please call or email to arrange having these delivered to you or sent by mail.
- Drop-off, deliveries and pick-ups will be accommodated in the Lobby limited to one visitor at a time.
- We are offering a limited “car-side” pick-up and drop-off service for minor needs as well. Please call ahead to ensure someone is available to attend to your needs and arrange details.
- We are postponing all scheduled community events for March and April due to access restrictions and out of an abundance of caution.
- For clients with hearing related issues who reside at one of our normally serviced facilities, please contact us directly if you need assistance, and we will coordinate with your facility in the most appropriate way possible.
Within each of our offices we are adhering to the following guidelines:
- Sanitize all surfaces and handheld instruments in between appointments in treatment rooms.
- Daily sanitize doorknobs, public use pens, phone handsets, and all surfaces in the waiting room and restroom.
- No shaking hands or hugging patients. We love you, but we will save that for another time!
- Where possible, keep all doors open so less hands touch doorknobs.
- Hand sanitizer in the waiting room for patients to use.
- Arrange seating to adhere to social distance protocol.
- Sterilize and store away all magazines in the waiting room or treatment rooms.
- Staying home if any of our staff or their family feel sick.
Please stay tuned for changes as things progress, and don’t hesitate to call for details on any specific needs or concerns you may have. We are here to help you to the best of our ability.
Kind Regards to all and Stay Well!
The Able Hearing Team